Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Just added to my inventory. Snatch yours for the holiday season and look stylish while cooking and baking or as a gift for that special domestic goddess! Available at my etsy store (click link below picture titled PoisonedCreations).
For you mamas out there I can even make your little girl a matching apron of her own for when she feels the need to help you bake. If you would like message me and I'll add the listing just for you!
As a added bonus I can send the apron as is or you can choose a applique for me to add to either the pocket or up by the chest. Choose from either a brass knuckle, skull and crossbones, heart and crossbones or stitched up heart (for pictures look at my other listings for clutches).
Thanks again to the Chupacabras...great show!
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Pistons and Paint
If you haven't been to this show it's definitely a must! The Chupacabras definitely know how to have a good time. My husband will also be shooting the show for Car Kulture Deluxe and Ol' Skool Rodz. http://www.myspace.com/brs_photography
My favorite decoration had to be the witches bottles. I made labels off of Word and just stained them to look old with tea bags. I'll share my secrets but being kids they asked if the stuff was real and of course I said yes so for them it was believable :)
* Snake Venom - I took out the sponge thing from a green highlighter marker and soaked it in water. Came out a great green effect.
* Mountain Gnome Snot - Just slime from Wal-mart
* Curses - Water and food coloring to make black
* Baby ogre eyes - Plastic eyeballs with a little bit of green food coloring in water
* Pixie bones - Flour with some glitter in it since pixies are magical
* Crypt dirt - just that dirt
* Bat's blood - a bottle of blood from the halloween store
* Spider eggs - Cheese cloth rolled into a ball and soaked with mod podge
* Love potion - A very little bit of red food coloring in water to look pink with glitter
* Poison - just a bottle spray painted with a flat black
* Pixie wings - leaves painted white
All this set off with a cauldron (but of course what else would a witch mix her potions in), spider webs, spiders and my skulls. All the bottle lids were painted a flat black and either wrapped in rope or tied for old look. I plan to add more bottles each year so if you have any ideas let me know :)